Monday 26 January 2009

Victorian Farm


I just wanted to mention this BBC show. You can pretty much guess the format. People live and work as if they are in Victorian times. Pretty standard format except that this show is fantastic.


The people living this "dream" consist of two enthusiastic 20 something student types and possible the best example of "young crone" you are ever likely to see. They are not celebrities, they all get on, they do not moan about doing without flat screen tvs or microwave ovens. This makes the show interesting as instead of learning about "relationships" and how mad and vile people can be, the audience is entertained.

Highlights of last Saturdays show include; a fat man and a thin man cut down a tree, a man makes a basket, "crone" takes a bath (steady!), man waterproofs boots, thin man putting his hand up a sheep, ferreting and shooting pheasants.

It reminded my a little of the old schools show "How We Used To Live" without the crap child actors.
I realise that this is show will not have mass appeal (no celebs) but I applaude the BBC for putting it on prime time.
I also realise I could have been the only person to watch it....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it too. And I think its had really good ratings better than Big Brother and ITV

Nick Tann said...

I don't reckon they all live in that farmhouse though.
I think the crone would scare me!