Monday 24 May 2010

Birthdays and hills



I have allways wanted to do a gig on my birthday and last week I was able to.
I played for Steve Lowis at his even called "Three Monkeys" at The Art House in Southampton.
There were actualy four of us monkeys who sat and played a song each before starting again at the first person. I hope that kind of makes sense.
It was an interesting way of playing and I think an interesting event for the audience who were very responsive. The Art House is a nice intimate space and I'd like to thank Steve for one of my favourite gigs ever. I played my usual fayre and included  my banjo tune "You treat me mean" at the end. As an experiment I handed out the words to the banjo tune and everyone sang along. Not the kind of thing I normally do at all but it was fitting for the night.

Last weekend Mrs Nick and I trecked up to the iron age fort at the top of Old Winchester Hill, fell asleep on a burial mound then I played this little tune that I made up on the spot.
I had in mind that Radiohead video podcast thing they did a while back. They had better equipment but I still think this works ok...  

No comments: