Sunday 18 May 2008

Beggars Fair 2007

The Beggars Fair 2007


I have a day job, nothing very remarkable most of us have one.
I have a work persona, it's got aspects of me but it's mostly a developed "work" version of me.
When I get up in front of large groups of strangers and play songs that I've written, I have a "stage" persona. It's nothing special, it just helps me get through the gig without turning into a gibbering wreck and running of in floods of tears if people don't applaud until their hands bleed.
I have a husband person and a Dad persona (stay with me, there is a point to this).

So Dad Nick, husband Nick and singer - rock god Nick have to prepare themselves to play.

It's tough.

"Are you hungry?" "What time are we eating? " Can I have an Ice-cream?"

I bet Jeff Buckley never had this before he went on stage.

I know, I'm not Jeff Buckley 

BUT

To get into the Nick Tann singer-rock god persona (remember him?) I have to believe in some small way I am him.

It's different when you are a performer.

Wifie wants to see other bands and network and do all the great stuff that she does.

I couldn't care less who is playing, it's all about me ME YOU HEAR!

I want to get there, get on stage, play, and go home.

In the past I would descend into a Sex drugs and Rock and Roll pit.
Ok I might smoke a little pot……

I was great though, I know when I'm not. I'm getting to the point where I'm able to sing as well as I do when I'm on my own.

The songs are flowing well, I'm relaxed, my voice is amazing even me and people are starting to get it. 

About bloody time!!

No comments: