Wednesday 29 October 2008

Simpering Twats

What a ridiculous and shameful event this whole Sachs, Ross and Brand balls up is.

The gutless and cowardly BBC instead of sticking up for "their guys" decide to kowtow to the gutter press and a has been actor famous for being in 13 episodes of a sitcom.
The BBC SHOULD have said

"We wholeheartedly support Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross in their defense of the pointless complaint from Mr Sachs"

"Furthermore the Daily Mail can just fuck off!" or somesuch.

He was supposed to be giving an interview to messieurs Ross and Brand regarding a documentary he was appearing in and he couldn't even be arsed to be in to do it!

Is there anything else that Mister Sachs objects to?

Perhaps the credit is a tad too crunchy for you?
Should suspected terrorists be held for 87 days without charge?
What do you think Mr Sachs?

Shall we all hit ourselves on the forehead with spoons?
Would you like me to keep a hamster called Basil?


The Beeb will now have lost millions of "yoof" from Radio 2 who would have tuned in on saturday night to hear what old Russ would have had to say about all this.

I tried to leave a comment on the BBC website earlier and after being asked to remove my offensive language, 1 bloody and 1 sod, and was confronted with the message that informed me that my 99 words would have to be moderated before it would be deamed fit to appear on it's hallowed pages. No doubt incase I happened to offend Mr Sachs any further.

You may be wondering what I am on about and why there is nothing about me and/or my music and what relevance this has to me,well dear reader here it is.

Independence.

Ok I don't get paid a fortune for what I do but I can do what I want, when I want and how I want. Whether it be a podcast, a blog or a song.

So I pity Russell and Jonathan. I felt sorry for them as they struggled, like frightened rabbits, to get out of a situation that should never have happened. I suspect that they felt let down by the beeb for turning on them. I admire Russell for quitting and hope that Jonathan will do the same, stick two fingers up to the BBC and fuck off to Channel 4.
But he, unlike Brand whose own company Vanity make his radio show, is under exclusive contract to the BBC and will probably want to hang around.
So who is the loser?
Millions will now watch The Bill documentary (on ITV for christs sake)
Millions will watch Russell Brand's Ponderlandstarting a new series this week.
Kazillions will watch wossy's friday night show.
Well the losers will be the people who listened to Russell Brands Saturday night show on BBC Radio 2. I've been listening to the podcast of it since he was with Radio 6!
So the loser is me, thanks!

Shame on you Mr Sachs and shame on you BBC, shame on you..




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post, mate.

Excellent point about Sachs having made his career on a rather un-PC comedy role himself!

Lou said...

Excellent post! I think this has been fully blown out of proportion. They didn't kill anyone. They didn't advocate terrorism. They didn't make the country go bankrupt. It's just a shame we're going to have to bow down from the pressure of those people above the age of 60!

Nick Tann said...

it's the lack of balls by the BBC, kissing The Sun and The Daily Mails arse.

Unknown said...

It must be said that Sachs reacted very well in his interviews.
What is disappointing for me is the fact that only two complaints were received from people who listened to the show and the other 27000 or whatever it has spiralled to have just been swept along in the tabloid media shitstorm.
I love Russell and Ross. Having listened to the show it was also Jonathan who instigated all this yet it is Russell whose head has rolled, albeit through self sacrifice.

Unknown said...

Does anyone know what Andrew Sachs has done since Fawlty Towers?

Bring back Brand and Ross!

Arooj said...

I also listened to the show since the 6music days and I am gutted:(

Anonymous said...

Andrew Sachs was in 12 episodes of a sitcom was he not?

Nick Tann said...

The world needs people like you.
Yes, 12 episodes