Wednesday 13 May 2009

Webfriends




Do you have webfriends? People that you have met on the web. You may have come across them on a forum, social network, seen a video or heard a piece of music that they have made.


Webs friends are great.


I have many.


Most of my webfriends I have never met or talked to. I have met a few but I've found that once I have met or spoken to them they lose their allure, their mystery.


I re-recorded a track of mine for the guy who made the video. Originally the track was 4:32 but he needed it to be 3 minutes. Over 2 months or so we swapped many email and even recorded messages to each other, tweaking the track here and there, suggesting ideas for the video, that were sent as email attachments.


I have webfriends that I've had for over 8 years! In America, Canada and all over the shop.

I catch up with them sometimes via messengers and the like.


I have webfriends at http://watchwithmothers.net/ as well finding some new ones at Twitter and http://www.ustream.tv/nicktann


Do you have webfriends?

What are the advantages/disadvantages?

No comments: